Sunday, June 19, 2016

Keeping very busy with floss

I am always busy....always. Too busy. But it seems like there is always another frame to carve for a customer or another floss color I want to dye. I was going through the boxes (mountain) of floss cones that I have yesterday. My goodness. I think it will take me a year to dye all of this floss. No kidding. I have so many limited edition boxed sets that I want to do this summer alone. I keep getting ideas for new sets and then hit the dye pot. I will start showing some of those colors in a week or so. I am currently swamped with motto kit and frame orders this week. I keep saying I am going to quit carving frames but I have so many regular customers that have bought from me over the past 11 years and I just can't say no! I did quit stitching mottoes by request as these arthritic hands said no more. I stitched over 500 mottoes in 11 years!

Be sure you have entered the current give-aways still going. The Favorite Red Roses will be drawn on the 21st, the complete Primitive set on the 30th and on the 4th of July we will have a winner for the Star Spangled Banner floss set. Scroll back to previous posts to enter for each of those. And make sure you have sent me your month and birthdate for the Birthday Club. On the 1st of each month I draw a name for a nice present. Floss of course!

I still have a couple of the Cottage Garden, Picket Fence, Red Roses and Sleepy Hollow Collections if you are interested. Some have free skeins with them. Others have adorable charms included with them. I always like to give a little extra with a purchase to make it fun. Speaking of fun.....

I bought some adorable reindeer charms to go with the next Christmas Floss that I dye. Maybe if I find some free time (????!) I can do a small chart to go with the reindeer. Just a thought. I just about gave up sleep years ago to keep up with all of this so I am not sure where I will find some extra time. I need to add about 4 hours onto each day and then maybe...just maybe...I could get everything done on my daily list. Trims....necessaires.....floss and linen to dye....so stay tuned.

And for those of you lucky enough to be celebrating Father's Day today, I hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by.
                                                     Nancy

23 comments:

  1. I took care of getting your last Cottage a Garden off your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! You are such a busy lady, but I know you are doing what you love, which is the best place to be. I'm retiring from one of my jobs next month so I can finally have time to spend doing more of what I love -- needlework! I can hardly wait!! Of course, then I'll be buying more of your gorgeous floss collections. Hope you're part of a Happy Father's Day celebration or simply a Happy Sunday to you. And, thank you for the inspiration you always provide :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to retire and simply do patterns and stitch all day. Then I would get restless in two days and go back to work! lol

      Delete
  3. I am so impressed by your talent and energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice compliment. I am a driven,work-a-holic with a dozen self-imposed jobs at all times! lol

      Delete
  4. You sure are a busy lady!
    Hope you had a nice Father's Day/Sunday.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a great day with my family. The best place to be.

      Delete
  5. You are super busy, take care of yourself. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your things are in demand because they're so wonderful - like you! Take some time for yourself! Looking forward to seeing your next set of Christmas floss - the charms sound, well, charming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard to get that amazing, creative mind to stop! Love all of your things. I just converted a design I am stitching to your floss...loving it! You KNOW how I love Christmas and reindeer, so will be keeping a close eye out for what ever wonderful treasure you create for us. Remember to take a little time for you because we need you to take care of yourself so you can continue to amaze us with all your beautiful things. Loving all of your limited edition boxed sets. Have already started using some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, you are one amazing and creative being. Your threads are a dream to use. I look forward to seeing your next assortment of Christmas threads and seeing what you come up with reindeer-wise. Love reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! You have a great sense of humor! I love all of your floss! Thank you for being so generous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to have a sense of humor with all the illness I have and the drive to keep going to forget about it all!

      Delete
  10. You do sound busy! I really love that you have so many things to do, and keep coming up with more good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always a dozen projects in the works around here.

      Delete
  11. Hi Nancy! I finally had some time to sit and stitch a few nights ago, and I used your floss for the first time. I was absolutely amazed! I've been embroidering for most of my life, but I had no idea what a difference there is in the type of floss used. I'm doing a Yumiko Higuchi design using your floss and Appleton crewel wool. Your floss goes through the linen like a knife through butter--and no tangling, even though I was using an extra-long length. I can't tell you how much having quality floss means to me. It made the time I was stitching feel effortless and so enjoyable. I'm so glad that you have pursued your passion and the rest of us get to benefit from that pursuit. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always happy to hear that others enjoy stitching too. I truly wish I had time to just sit and stitch....maybe when I retire when I am 90! lol
      Thanks so much.

      Delete
  12. The stitching world SO appreciates all that you do for us... I personally wish you had more time for resting...to nourish your soul. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete