Thursday, September 10, 2015

How to plump up your chenille trims

After I dye chenille trims they are dried and then wound on a card. Over time the trims can flatten. The more that is wound on a card or a cone in my case, the more it flattens. I wanted to plump up some of the trims.....and all you need to do is to wet the chenille, blot it semi dry between two paper towels and then pop it in the dryer! Fluffy and round again in a short time. Kind of like the old chenille bedspreads that flattened over time and needed washing and the dryer fluffed them back to new again.
For each of these 3 colors you can see the flatter piece of trim on the left and the fluffier and rounded trim on the right after it is dampened and put through the dryer. New again!
 
I just wanted to share that with you. A lot of you like a flatter trim but if you need a rounded trim, if you are couching, then this would fix it for you.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Nancy

17 comments:

  1. Great idea Nancy, thank you.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias por compartir.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and such a simple solution ~ Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, thanks for the tip! Hope you are enjoying your week!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this really useful tip. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! Thanks for sharing, I'm making a mental note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is good information as I was wondering why it looked so flat! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this information. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tip, Nancy. I like it both ways, depending on the project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tip, I am going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the Plump tip! I love your trim and use it all the time.

    Judy Heartland stitcher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who knew? I'm glad you shared this great tip!

    ReplyDelete