Sunday, October 27, 2013

I love to over dye fabric, even Moda

     I love to over dye fabric....nothing is safe from me around here when I have the dye pot going. I had some squares left over from the Snowman Gatherings charm pack. The background was too white for me...the fabric in the middle. So I grabbed the whole stack and threw it into a dark antique champagne color I was using....and I love how antique they now look. Perfect for a couple sewing necessaries to give as gifts.  Even the blues on the top took on a nice antique look. Some times the dye effect I want is subtle and sometimes drastic as above.
      I just thought I would share that tid bit with you.....I need to get back to a Christmas pattern I am stitching (a door hanging with jingle bells). I made a few changes....good thing I was not stitching that part.....and will show it after Halloween when the chart will be ready. Sounds like another give-away coming up. Stay tuned.
     Thanks for stopping by.
                                         Nancy

20 comments:

  1. Love your creativity Nancy. Can't wait to see what your new Christmas pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these turned out so cool!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you dipped in the the dye pot, Nancy! I, too, look forward to your new Christmas design! Woohoo for us stitchers!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they look great! I like your snowmen fabrics :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea.... I have some very white print fabric that I should dye. Can't wait to see your new Christmas design :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric looks great. You have such a good eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! It's always interesting coming to see what's new :-) Can't wait to see your Christmas design.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the effect. Wish I could come up with that color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to totally agree with you. I love they way they turned out after the dye bath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy: You are so creative, love the antique look.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dyed fabric, especially with the snowmen! Can't wait to see your new design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The antique look is wonderful! Can't wait to see your new design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those snowmen! Don't they just make you so happy. I like the dye you chose!
    Have a great day, raining here now....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy,
    I love what you have done with the fabric. I can't wait to see the pattern you have come up with. I am making my Christmas wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, it looks great, Nancy!! The snowman fabric is darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, snowmen...and I love how they turned out. You know I LOVE Christmas...can't wait to see the new design! You are one amazing gal, Nancy. Your creativity is showing through again.
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Nancy, they look fabulous!! Love the antiquey look too. Makes me think that I should get some dye pots going too!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete