Sunday, January 13, 2013

A good start to a new year-

A few friends have asked me how the new kits are coming along....well.....as fast as I can with a couple delays I have had. I don't have any pictures yet but I will soon. I had a  delay with merchandise that I ordered to dye....some is still on back order and they don't know when it will be in...gotta love that.....so then I was back to dyeing new wood buttons that I FINALLY got from China. I dyed some beautiful dark blue, pumpkin spice, gingerbread, red, black....and then I came to the olive green ( I HATE dyeing that color and I think it is the hardest to do) but I needed it for the little wood turtles for a new pattern.  Then back to the dye pot for trims....and ribbon for the new kits because the bows will already be made for these kits.....and then I was thinking I started way too many designs at once.  But I am guilty of doing that on a regular basis.
    I am still waiting on the package of gold plated sewing needles from England for the kits.....I wish people would ship as quickly as I do.
    Then the model stitching.....most of the time I just start stitching for a small pattern that I have in my head and then I make a chart for it after it is done. It just works out better that way for me. I would rather have a model stitcher helping me but unless I had the stitcher right next to me to make changes....it just wouldn't work. So these darn arthritic hands are slowly sewing a little design each evening and I hope to be done with at least one color for each of the kits soon. I want to do several for each color....the navy blue and cream/tan, the antique red and cream, and the black and tan. Can't forget the gingerbread....and the red brick for little houses....and the TURTLES! Those go with the hare.....
    So I think I am off to a good start for this new year....and if the rain and dark clouds clear up soon I will be able to start taking a few pictures. I would love to show you this mountain of fabrics, trims, buttons and patterns.
     I will also be having a fund raiser for a friend of mine who was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. Please stay tuned for that and as soon as I have the first kits available I will announce the details. I will also have a give-away for a few of the new kits. You knew I was going to do that, didn't you?!
    Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

                                                                       Nancy

26 comments:

  1. You have a lot to do. I wish you succes with all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy
    You've been busy and I can't wait to see all those beautiful items. A fund raiser sounds great. I see I may be making some purchases for the new year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes in the New Year !!!!
    Looking Forward to seeing the things to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing the new things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sounds like so many choices we will have. A hare...oh my, just one of my very favorite animals! The colors sound outstanding, can hardly wait. Will be coming often to see what you have. Sorry your hands are hurting, Nancy. You are one remarkable woman.
    What a wonderful thing to do, a fundraiser!
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read more about the fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm exhausted just reading what you've been up to. Can't wait to see what you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you are always so busy! Hope you get the supplies you need...and quickly! Look forward to seeing your new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plans sound fabulous, Nancy! Looking forward to seeing the new kits, trims, and patterns! I do hope everything arrives soon for you.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure have been busy. I am looking forward to seeing your new kits and I will have at least one of whatever you do for breast cancer,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get worn out just reading what you are up to... but I am so glad that you share your projects with us.. Can't wait to see the new kits.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have had a busy start to the year, I look forward to hearing more about it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds so exciting! I can't wait to see the new kits. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I was closer to help and stitch for you. I have never heard of anyone stitching first but I can understand that; you cant work out what is in your head until you just go for it and make it. I tell my hubby all the time, I know how I want it, I just can't explain it lol. Looking forwards to seeing the new kits. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of lovely things coming uo by the sound of it - look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like your one busy lady. Can't wait to see the new kits.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. gosh you do like to keep your self out of mischief don't you with all those goodies on the go ... having arthritis myself I know exactly where you are coming from but stitching keeps me mobile soo that's my excuse for doing it ...lol
    can't wait to see the new designs too :) take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds so interesting. I look forward to knowing more.
    Fiore

    ReplyDelete
  19. The new kits sound intriguing, can't wait to see them

    ReplyDelete
  20. I, too, have been wondering what kits you've been working on. I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nancy, you busy girl. Please take a rest so now and then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you have been busy - remember to take time to rest my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have been busy - don't burn yourself out. Looking forward to seeing everything you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My gosh, you sound busy. I am sure we will all benefit though. I love a good company that sends goods quickly, it is so frustrating to be waiting for something. Looking forward to seeing all the new kits.

    ReplyDelete